California Institute of Arts & Technology (CIAT) was founded in 2008, to fill a void in the IT Education sector. Jamie Doyle, CEO and President, recognized that today’s students needed options for hands-on classes that led to IT certifications and degrees.
The school grew from modest beginnings, with about 50 students at our first small campus in San Diego. As of 2018, CIAT had over 900 students attending two state-of-the-art campuses: one in Mission Valley, and one in National City. Students can now enroll at either of these two San Diego area campuses or complete their coursework 100% online.
Our interactive, instructor-led distance format programs are ideal for students that live outside of Southern California, or for anyone who finds online learning to be a better fit for their goals and lifestyle. These programs offer full online labs, video conferencing with instructors, high quality videos, and much more.
CIAT’s programs range from 10 weeks to 2 years if taken full time, and we accept a variety of funding options. Tuition for our networking degree, for example, can be funded via Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA), VA Educational Benefits, Active Duty Military Tuition Assistance, private financing, or scholarships. Choices vary depending on program and campus selection; Admissions Representatives are available to assist students in planning their education and funding.
CIAT offers certificate and degree programs in Networking, Software Development, Microsoft Office, Cisco Networking, Graphic Design, Web Design, and more. Our Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems – Networking Concentration program allows you to choose elective classes which emphasis three specialization tracks: Cybersecurity, Cisco, and Operating Systems.
CIAT’s Job Placement Department begins meeting with students as soon as they start earning their certifications. Students are encouraged to apply for a variety of job openings. Students get advance notice of openings from companies we partner with, along with mock interview training, resume editing, and career counseling. These services are available to all CIAT students and graduates.
At CIAT you will get the hand-on skills, certifications and personalized attention you need to succeed. Schedule a campus tour or speak to an Admissions Representative and learn how, in as little as 3-6 months, you can be on your way to a rewarding and high paying career.
Our programs include a range of in-demand IT certifications that employers are looking for:
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, and CASP
- Cisco CCNA, CCNA Security, and CCNP Routing & Switching
- Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, and Cloud Platform
- EC Council CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
CIAT Advantages Include:
- Official Curriculum
- Hands-On Labs
- Certified, Field-Experienced Instructors
- Test Preparation
- 1st Certification Exam Included
- Veterans – Approved to offer VA Educational Benefits
- Active Duty Military – Approved to offer TA
- MyCAA Approved (military spouses)
- Payment Programs – Financing
- On-Site Testing – PearsonVUE
- Day, Evening and Weekend Hours
Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET). ACCET is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
CIAT is a private institution of higher learning and is approved to operate through the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education. This approval only means that CIAT is in compliance with the laws, regulations and standards set forth by the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 and in no way implies that CIAT or any of its courses or programs are endorsed or recommended by BPPE or the State of California.
For more information, please visit the bureau’s website.
- Member of Microsoft IT Academy
- Cisco Networking Academy
- CompTIA Authorized Academy
- VMware Academy
- Official Pearson VUE Testing Center
- California EDD WIOA Approved
- GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract GS-35F-0364Y
- Approved to offer VA Education benefits
- MyCAA Approved (Military Spouses)
- Approved to offer FAFSA Student Aid
- Approved to offer Post 9/11 GI BILL
- Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program
- Member of the National City Chamber of Commerce
- ACCET Approved
- Approved by BPPE