All CIAT students now have a designated Financial Aid counselor. The assigned counselor will be your main point of contact for any services which are specific to your account details.
Counselors are assigned based on student last names according to the following:
- Last names from A to L: Andre Daniels – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last names from M to Z: Jermaine Villanueva – email@example.com
Planning ahead and applying for financial aid can be a daunting task. CIAT is here to help. We offer assistance in applying for scholarships, federal aid, and private loans to help you make education affordable. For more information, please contact our financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-559-3621.
In order to apply for federal aid programs, you will need to apply for a FSA ID(Federal Student Aid ID) here.
Grants and Loans:
Financial aid is calculated on an individual basis of financial need. To begin your application process, follow these 3 steps.
- Apply: The first step in obtaining financial aid is to complete the FAFSA (fafsa.gov).The FAFSA serves as the initial application for most Federal Aid Programs and is used to establish your eligibility for financial assistance. Our school code is 042598. You will need this when filling out your FAFSA. You will also need financial documents, such as tax returns and pay stubs to complete the application. After your application has been submitted, the Department of Education will generate a Student Aid Report (SAR) that calculates your need and determines your expected family contribution (EFC). You must re-apply for FAFSA for every year you are enrolled in college.
- Processing: After your application is submitted and the Department of Education calculates your EFC (Estimated Financial Contribution), we will receive a copy of your application and begin processing how much financial aid, in the form of grants and loans, you will be awarded.
- Award: Once your financial aid award has been determined and you qualify for aid, you will be given a choice to accept the grants or loans awarded. You must sign your MPN (Master Promissory Note) before you receive your funds. To participate in any financial aid programs, you must accepted into a higher education program.
Federal Aid Programs
Federal Loan Programs
CIAT offered Federal Stafford and Plus loans. Please click here to learn more about available Federal loan programs.
CIAT is approved to offer VA Education Benefits.
Learn more about whether you are eligible to receive funding here: VA & Military Benefits.
On September 6, 2014, the DoD added several new requirements in addition to accreditation for a school to participate in DoD Tuition Assistance. The biggest is:
- Certified to participate in federal student aid programs through the ED under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
CIAT’s Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology-Networking Concentration is approved to accept Title IV funds.
Other Payment Options
- Credit: We accept all major credit cards.
- Help Card: To apply, receive an eligibility report in just minutes, or to find out more information, please click the logo above or follow this link: CIAT – Help Card Financing Option.
- EDD/WIOA: Our schools works hand in hand with EDD/WIOA organizations and affiliates. CIAT is on the California ETPL (Eligible Training Provider List). Interested candidates should check with their local One Stop Center to see if they qualify for assistance. View the ETPL.
- Approved Company Purchase Orders
Financial Aid Counseling
All students who have Financial Aid loans are required to complete entrance and exit Counseling. Please visit the NSLDS site to complete your entrance or exit counseling or see the balance of your loans.