California Institute of Art and Technology is excited to announce two new degrees to its accredited programs.
Students can earn a Bachelor of science in computer science or Associate’s Degree of Applied Science in Business Data Analytics, and continue into a dedicated Bachelor’s path specializing in Data Analytics in the Applied Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development program.
With the new Data Analytics-focused degrees, students will master the tools needed to collect, format, and analyze large amounts of data, and derive valuable insights to help businesses make data-driven decisions. In this 2-Step Associate’s to Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, students will not only gain in-demand coding skills and learn how to manage data-centric project lifecycles, but also land the industry certifications to boost their resumes, and receive personalized career support to help transition into the field of data analytics. Students will build competitive portfolios that showcase a strong foundation of technical skills, including Python, SQL, Tableau, and Power BI. These programs prepare you for a variety of positions including Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Visualization Analyst, Insights Analyst, Program Analyst, and more.
Bolstering their already comprehensive array of degrees with these new additions further cements CIAT’s reputation as, and commitment to being, one of the top school choices for IT career professionals all over the country.
2-Step Associate to Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics: From CIAT: What’s Inside?
Built to guide students from having no knowledge in data analytics to highly competitive competence in specialized subfields, CIAT’s Data Analytics degree is a top choice for any student that wants to get into data analytics for business.
Core competencies that the program develops include:
- Understand the importance the role of data plays in the business landscape.
- Successfully create basic to complex data visualizations using Tableau and Power BI to communicate insight from data sets.
- Evaluate data structures and leverage tools and techniques for cleaning data in preparation for analysis.
- Design and construct relational databases.
- Understand data centric project management life cycles and work based schedules associated with data analytics projects.
- Evaluate the cost, schedule, and performance of a project to ensure compliance with industry requirements related to the project.
- Apply public speaking, critical thinking, problem solving, technical writing, and working knowledge of IT security and organizational ethics to facilitate a career in the IT field.
- Evaluate the historical definitions of technology with their strengths and limitations, and gain understanding in the contemporary perspectives on technology that blur the boundaries of machine and human elements, while applying and analyzing job market awareness, job search, resume writing, and job interviewing for demand positions in the IT field.
- Develop logical reasoning and mathematical analysis skills needed to create algorithms for general Information Technology applications like simulation, mapping, programming, science and research.
Software Development Degree From CIAT: What’s Inside?
The degree can be further specialized into one of three tracks:
- Software Development for Data Analytics
- Software Development for Web Development
- Software Development for Mobile App Development
Within each of these degrees, students will learn how to creatively analyze problems and solve them with software.
CIAT’s Software Development Bachelor’s Degree equips students with everything they need to be competitive in the fast-growing and highly-lucrative field of software development.