What You'll Learn
Our certification program will teach students to write programs, either independently or with a team of collaborators, create effective project plans and document program designs and implementations. Upon completion, you will have the confidence to perform installations, configurations and troubleshooting of various computer and network operating systems for any size client.
- Use state-of-the-art tools, technologies, best programming practices in the development of applications.
- Use current computing knowledge, techniques, skills and software to analyze problems, determine and document user needs, and create effective project plans involving program design and implementation.
- Effectively add solutions into already-existing user environments.
- Use modern high-level and special-purpose languages, including object-oriented language, client-server web programming language, and SQL, to implement desired development needs.
Careers in Computer App Development
Individuals with strong backgrounds in technical and analytical skills and project development are in high demand as the computer needs of the world only continues to grow. Successful graduates will be prepared for entry-level employment as software, application, and systems developers fluent in common programming languages. With complex computer systems deeply ingrained into so many different industries, you can apply your certification and skills in a wide variety of fields. Some of the roles you’ll be qualified for include:
- Software Developer
- Android Application Developer
- Software Engineer
- Web Application Developer
- Application Development Analyst