CIS102B – Networking Fundamentals, Part 2
About CIS102B – Networking Fundamentals, Part 2
Topics Covered In Course
- Pv6 & Remote Connectivity
- Using addressing and protocols
- Wireless Networking & Virtualization/Cloud Computing
- Capabilities of mobile networking, mobile device deployment, basic network design, unified communication features.
- Risk management standards, contingency planning, TCP/IP security basics and standards, networking security threats, network vulnerabilities, network hardening.
- Network monitoring and management with SNMP, Network troubleshooting and analysis.
Computer Hardware Fundamentals is a prerequisite for Computer Operating Systems. Before taking either course, the student should be familiar with:
- Using a mouse and keyboard
- Installing and running programs
- Using basic productivity software including word processing applications
- Saving files created by common applications
- Browsing the internet
*Students who have successfully passed the current CompTIA A+ Essentials certification exam within the last 36 months may proceed directly to Computer Operating Systems.