A Message From Our President:
I want to start off by congratulating you on 15 months of hard work and resilience during a one-of-a-kind challenging year. Most would have seen the pandemic solely as an unfortunate event, foregoing any good that could have come from it. You on the other hand, saw it as an opportunity to emerge a stronger, more knowledgeable professional with additional skillsets and certifications to give you the upper hand when the economy and the world was ready to get back to business. Give yourself a huge pat on the back, you deserve it.
At CIAT, we were also busy doing everything possible to emerge from the pandemic in a better place. We couldn’t ask you to do so if we weren’t willing to do the same. Here are some of the milestones that were achieved during the pandemic:
- Instantly transitioned our on-campus classes to our 100% virtual Campus Live environment.
- Integrated our FLEX Online and Campus Live virtual environments so that students around the nation could learn together in a live, classroom setting.
- Upgraded to Microsoft Teams to offer more learning tools and a better educational experience.
- Developed new CIAT curriculum authored by CIAT experts with industry expertise.
- Launched a new CIAT Student Portal for a single point of access to all your CIAT systems.
- Launched Yammer, a new online social community and collaboration platform.
- Developed a CIAT Readiness Course to better prepare new students for a successful start to our rigorous, technical programs.
- Launched a new CIAT Career Portal to help you promote yourself to employers.
- Expanded our staff by 25% including: Instructors bringing their expertise from the field into the classroom, Financial Aid staff to help you manage your educational investment, Career Services staff to support graduating students start their careers, IT Staff to help you remain connected in a stable, secure, innovated learning environment, Student Services staff for improved academic support, and more.
- Improved certification pass rates.
- Launched our new Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems (more new programs to come!)
With all that we have achieved together, and with the recent California state re-opening, it’s time for you as a student to have clarity on the next phase of your program.
Since the start of the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have kept your personal safety and the continuity of your learning experience top of mind. Our goal continues to focus on minimizing interruptions in your term-to-term course schedule and maximizing opportunities for live interaction, support, and motivation in a virtual format.
We recognize that students have different levels of comfort when it comes to vaccines, mask-wearing, and on-site learning. Additionally, many students have enjoyed the positive sides of the pandemic – less commuting, more time with family, and more personal schedule flexibility.
With this flexibility in mind, for the remainder of 2021, all your classes will remain 100% online using our existing Campus Live and FLEX Online formats. On-ground classes are anticipated to resume in January 2022 and as we get closer to the final months of the year, we will continue to keep you updated with additional announcements.
For our military students, VA will continue to pay your education benefits (including MHA) at the resident rate in situations where your in-resident training was converted to online training because of COVID-19 through December 21, 2021. We will continue to keep you updated as more announcements arise.
For our FLEX online students, across the nation, your experience will continue to evolve as we invest in more innovative ways to create a unique, skills-based, career-centric online learning experience.
Thank you for choosing CIAT as your partner in your educational journey to help you launch or advance your tech career. There has been no better time to give it your all and invest in yourself for a better future. Your success drives us every day to teach you, motivate you, and support you through your finish line.
With great pride,
Jamie Doyle, President & Founder