On February 24, 2020, Cisco will release new certification exams for CCNA and CCNP. New training will roll out over the next several months.
The new CCNA will now include security, automation, and programmability. The program has one certification that covers a broad range of fundamentals for IT careers, with one exam and one training course to help you prepare.
In the new CCNP program, each CCNP certification requires only two exams: one core exam (Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies “ENCOR”) and one concentration exam of your choice, so you can focus on your interests and needs. And core exams in each technology track also serve as qualifying exams for CCIE lab exams.
The new CCNP concentration certifications are as follows:
- CCNP Enterprise*
- CCNP Data Center
- CCNP Security
- CCNP Service Provider
- CCNP Collaboration
- Cisco Certified DevNet Professional
*The current CCNP Routing and Switching certification will be replaced by CCNP Enterprise certification.
If you have started working toward any current CCNA and CCNP Routing and Switching certification(s), keep going. you have until February 23, 2020 to complete our current CCNA and CCNP certifications.
- If you complete any current CCNA before February 24, 2020, you’ll receive the new CCNA certification and a training badge in the corresponding technology area by Cisco.
- If you complete any current CCNP Routing and Switching certification before February 24, 2020, you’ll receive credit toward CCNP Enterprise certification for work you’ve completed in the current CCNPRouting and Switching certification.
As soon as Cisco releases the new curriculum content for the new CCNA, ENCOR and CCNP courses, CIAT will begin reviewing and developing the courses.
CIAT is expecting to release the new CCNA and CCDA (Cisco Certified DevNet Associate) in January 2020and ENCOR and CCNP-Enterprise in February 2020. The rest of the CCNP concentration certification curricula will be released throughout the 2020.
The bottom list of terms will be the last chance to take the current Cisco courses before it expires:
- 10/14/2019 will be the last term offering CCNP Route (272)
- 11/18/2019 will be the last term offering ICND 1 (270A) and CCNP Switch (273)
- 01/06/2020 will be the last term offering ICND 2 (270B), CCNA-Security (271), and CCNP T-Shoot (274)
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEW CURRICULUM IS RELEASED BY CISCO BECAUSE CIAT HAS YOU COVERED!
CIAT will allow you to audit the new CCNA and/or CCNP-Enterprise course(s) until June 2020 at no cost if you have previously taken the expired version with CIAT during September to December 2019. The correlated certification exam(s) from the audited courses will not be covered. Audited courses do not offer college credit.The technology is always changing and with that brings challenges of when to begin a particular track or certification. Waiting for the perfect time to jump on is usually never a good idea. The concepts are usually updated rather than completely new so we always recommend engaging the current track and using those skills to upgrade to a newer track when the time comes.For more information on the upcoming Cisco certifications, please visit https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications