Tuition FAQ

Have some questions? We’re here to help. Take a look at some of our most frequently asked tuition questions.

  • What type of financial aid is available?

    There are two different types of federal financial aid available, grants and loans. Grants are funds given out on an at-need basis and it is not required for you to pay them back. Loans are borrowed funds that you must repay with interest.

  • How much financial aid can I receive?

    Your financial aid package will be based on your eligibility and need. The first step toward determining these factors is to complete your FAFSA online application.

  • Where do I apply for FASFA?

    You can conveniently complete your online application at

  • What is the FASFA application process like?

    There are three steps in the FASFA process. You can learn more about each process on our Financial Aid page.

  • When do I get my funds?

    You must sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN) before you can receive any student loans. Student loan funds may post to your school account within the first two weeks of the first day of the term. Any questions regarding a delay in financial aid disbursement should be directed to our Office of Financial Aid. You can also obtain more information here.

  • What is the school/institution code for CIAT?

    Our school/institution code is 042598.

  • Who is my financial aid counselor?

    If your last name begins with a letter from A to L, your counselor is Andre Daniels ( If your last name begins with a letter from M to Z, your counselor is Jermaine Villanueva (

  • What is an MPN?

    MPN stands for Master Promissory Note. This is a legal document that promises you will repay your loan(s) and any interest and fees to the US Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s).

  • What does the cost of attendance include?

    Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation, and other educational costs. You can also meet with a financial aid officer to discuss itemized totals for expenses.

  • I have been awarded a Pell Grant. When will I receive my funds?

    Refunds are issued when there is a credit balance to a student’s account. Upon receipt of any type of financial aid (veterans’ education benefits, scholarships, loans, grants, etc.), the funds are first posted against any balance owed. When a credit balance is created, a refund may be issued at that time.

Talk to an Advisor

Reach out today and one of our knowledgeable admissions specialists will be happy to answer any questions you have about CIAT.