About Configuring Windows Workstation
Completion of this course will enable you to navigate within computing environments that use Microsoft Windows as a desktop operating system in an enterprise environment. Candidates should have at least one year of experience in an IT field, including experience implementing and administering any Windows client operating system in a networked environment.
Topics Covered In Course
- Installing, upgrading and migrating to Windows
- Deploying Windows
- Configuring hardware and applications
- Handling network connectivity
- Managing access to resources
- Implementing mobile computing
- Monitoring and maintaining systems that run Windows
- Safeguarding backup and recovery options
Completion of Networking Fundamentals is strongly recommended. Students who have successfully completed the current CompTIA Network+ Certification process within the last 12 months or, upon approval of CIAT admissions, those who have 12 months or more of work experience in IT networking, may proceed directly to this course.