If you want to succeed in the I.T. world, you need to know all about the benefits of getting certified.
As careers in technology become more and more prominent, employers are expecting candidates with more and more education. It’s no longer enough to have experience in the IT field; big employers like Google and Microsoft are expecting candidates to have at least one or two certifications as well.
I.T. Certifications at CIAT
IT Business Edge recently published a “Top 10 Certifications for Landing a New IT Job” article, in which it listed certifications such as A+, CCNA, Security+, and Network+ as some of the must have certifications to be successful in the field.
Along with CISSP, Security+ is recognized by the Department of Defense which requires contractors with privileged access to federal computer networks to obtain specific certifications.
CIAT offers its students these and many more certifications – here’s a full list:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA CASP
- Cisco CCNA
- Cisco CCNA Security
- Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching
- Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft MCSA Windows 10
- Microsoft MCSA Cloud Platform
- EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
We also offer Pearson-Vue testing centers conveniently located at each of our two campuses, making it extremely easy for students to take classes and certification exams all in the same place. The cost of most exams is covered in tuition, and we offer one free re-take on those exams as well!
Benefits of Getting Certified
- Must have certain certs to be eligible for various government and military I.T. careers.
- Many civilian employers also require candidates to have earned specific certifications in order to be eligible for job openings.
- Prove to yourself, your friends and family, and potential employers that you’re motivated, hard working, and committed to success!
- Pump up your resume – if you don’t have much work experience or prior education, those certifications can make a big difference on an otherwise brief resume.
- Discover new interests and skills that you might not otherwise take the time to learn about.
- Advance in your current tech job and show your boss that you’re improving yourself and your skills.
- You’ll have better odds of getting a higher starting salary or raise – a recent study by teksystems.com found that adding just one certification can increase your pay by 15%.
- Score a sweet Certified Exam Slayer t-shirt from CIAT for FREE upon passing a cert exam!
If you’re looking to get certified in record time, CIAT also offers bootcamps that will prepare you for your exams in record time!